Monday 1 April 2013

{Guest Post} Best Smoothy of Life

Hello! So today my dear sister Ulianna is here with us to share her recipe for the Best Smoothy of her Life! So here we go...


2cups of fresh spinach
1/4 avocado
1/8 cucumber
1/2+ cup non concentrate OJ
1 tbsp lime juice or 3 drops lime oil { if you can find it}
1 tbsp poppy seeds
1 tsp almond butter
Fresh ginger to taste - start with a 1cm cube
4 cubes of frozen mango
1 cup frozen berry mix

Everything goes into the blender and depending on the quality of your blender, you may need to add more OJ {shrugs.}

Okay so I know there are some strange ingredients in here but the taste is phenomenal and the nutritional value is through the roof.  It's a lot of spinach but you cant taste it. Scouts honor   And my god,  look at all that raw spinach.  It doesn't get any better than that. I use lime oil which is well worth trying to find somewhere but otherwise lime juice is good enough. Try to get raw almond butter.  Almonds have been reported to help sugar diffuse into the blood stream slower so it's a beautiful compliment to all the fruit.  The poppy seeds give this smoothy that something something but you might want save brushing your teeth until after.  The avocado puts the smooth in smoothy without the nonsense of diary.  The ginger and cucumber are good for a little daily detox. I make this smoothy every morning and take it to school with me in my stainless steel coffee mug.  It needs to be drank in an hour or it starts to get yucky.

I can literally make this bad boy in less than ten minutes including clean up.  Don't forget to bring your straw ;)

Thanks Ulianna! If you liked that post and want to read more by Ulianna, check out some of her past posts, like her healthy recipe for Lemon Breakfast Bars, or her DIY Leather Medicine Bag tutorial
Hope you all had a great Monday. I spent the day making sandcastles and eating ice cream so I can't complain ;) See you all tomorrow!

♥ Olivia

2 comments:

  1. looks yummy yummy! I should try it next time:)

    Morgi
    http://morgirunsaway.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete